NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker
Blue-Eyed Bride has moved to BlueEyedBride {dot} com. Please update your Readers and join me!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Scrappy!

My friend, Emily, of From the Land of Cotton tagged me with the Honest Scrap Award. This should be fun. I read all of her answers and feel like we might have been separated at birth because we're so similar.

The rules of the award:
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

Here are my 10 honest things:

1) Though my husband is an optimist when it comes to Gamecock football, I have kind of given up hope. Maybe it's because I'm growing a baby and feel like I have more important things to worry about, but I don't share his optimism right now. I have to bite my tongue any time I see something on TV. Sorry, TC.

2) Other than our house, we are completely debt-free. I can't even tell you how good that feels. I spent a large part of my time in college racking up credit card debt without completely understanding what I was doing. I am just so proud to have that as a thing of the past.

3) I love to cook, but refuse to make a mediocre meal. I don't mean how it tastes, but how big the challenge is. If I'm going to take the time to cook I'm going to go all out. No heating up frozen vegetables or canned vegetables. Ingredients must be fresh. I'm 100% sure I'll get over this after the baby arrives.

4) I'm so excited to be serving as the Day of Coordinator for a wedding for the first time! The wedding is in March and I can't wait!

5) I have to take off my wedding and engagement ring every time I fall asleep. I think my fingers swell while I sleep and that is the most claustrophobic feeling in the world to have the rings stuck on my finger!

6) I love to sing. I have done a lot of musical theater and have been singing my whole life in choirs, weddings, and church. I also love to pretend like I'm singing. Pantomime. I think my friend, CET-Destinesia and my Dad are the only ones that truly appreciate this hidden talent. Give me some old school Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, or Tina Turner and I'm going to pretend like I'm belting it out. Another favorite is Danke Schoen-- Ferris Bueller-style. Maybe my baby will appreciate it, too.

7) I hate replacing the toilet paper roll and paper towel roll. Period. Good thing my husband accepts this about me.

8) I love change. Lots of people don't, but I do. I feel like things aren't right if I don't have a big change take place in my life every couple of years. I'm sure that comes from so much moving around when I was growing up. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

9) I think my husband and I have decided not to publicly share the name of the baby. This will be pretty difficult, I think, but I just don't want to hear anyone criticize the name and I want to wait until the baby arrives to make sure that's what we want to name him or her.

10) TC and I love game shows. LINGO is a favorite as is The Family Feud. I personally love Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy (like my friend, USCEmily) and can be found watching both game shows every night after work.

Dearest Mojito Maven gave me the You Are Truly Beautiful Award awhile back. Thank you, MM. So are you!



And Nina gave me this lovely award. Thank you, thank you!